Saturday, February 6, 2016

Day 2244

The stores were filled with people getting ready for Superbowl parties today. Everybody seemed to be looking for Velveeta cheese. I grew up thinking that Velveeta actually was cheese, but thankfully I've learned to appreciate Parmigiano-Reggiano, Stilton, Feta, and aged Cheddar. I'm no food snob, but somehow I don't think I'll be having Velveeta and hot wings tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be having more than I had today. I woke up with a stomach ache and didn't feel like eating much all day.

I probably just need to get a good night's sleep. Dot woke me up with another middle of the night accident. I don't know whether Janet and Dash were pretending to be asleep or whether I'm the only one that wakes up now. Even Dot didn't seem very awake. I carefully picked up the poop on her bed and she went back to sleep. When all this started, I would have gotten her up to go outside, changed her bedding, and immediately started a load of wash. Now, if the smell is gone and everything looks reasonably clean, I just let Dot go back to sleep and wail till morning to start the laundry. Firm poop is a blessing. Soft runny poop is a nightmare.

I went to the Superbowl Sale a day early and came home with a few great deals. I went early partially because it beat vacuuming the house and also because I knew that everything had already been priced for tomorrow's sale. 75% off without all the crowds. That sounds like a winner to me. I didn't really need another pair of pants, but I tried not to let that stop me. It was something to do on a very uneventful day.

I keep telling people that I'm not interested in the presidential debates, but I keep listening to them. I never listen to the entire debate; just bits and pieces. Tonight, I must have missed the parts where they asked Ben Carson questions, because it seemed like he didn't get any questions at all. I don't know why they didn't invite Carly Fiorina to the debate either. She isn't doing well in the polls, but neither were several of the people on stage. Everybody seems to say the same thing over and over again. It's kind of like watching Denver and Carolina play each other over and over again for the month leading up to the Superbowl. Everybody keeps talking about the undecided voter, but I think most Democrats and Republicans have already decided who they like best.

I hope the game is good tomorrow. It's one of the few times during the entire year where I watch an entire football game from start to finish. I typically tune in during the fourth quarter and watch the last ten minutes of the game. I hope that Budweiser runs an ad with Clydesdales and a Dalmatian in it. So far, that Heinz ad with the dachshunds is the gold standard. I'd like to see a few others with this kind of imagination. I don't know what we'll have for dinner during the game, but I can guarantee that it won't have Velveeta cheese in it.

Landry is today's Dalmatian of the Day
Watch of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment