Monday, June 25, 2018

Day 3105

The walls are looking pretty bare. The art shippers arrived today, packed up the pictures, and took them away. I hope I don't regret this decision. I've had these pictures on the wall for a long time and some of them have become old friends. I think it's time though. If Janet and I ever want to move somewhere else in the future, we certainly don't want to haul a bunch of stuff we don't need to a new location. Downsizing isn't easy, but I think it's necessary. I've seen many people wait too long and leave a horrible mess for relatives to clean up later.

I've always been a collector and somewhat of a packrat. I never thought I'd reach a point in my life where I could willingly part with stuff. Surprisingly, it's not that hard. The older you get, the less meaning a lot of your possessions have. A lot of stuff, especially clothing and old computers, I should have gotten rid of years ago. Right now, living minimally again seems like a worthy goal. I'm sure Janet will be encouraging me to continue this quest. She's been wanting me to get rid of stuff for as long as I can remember.

I took a sample of Dash's poop to the vet today so they could test for occult blood. Hopefully, the lab will have the results tomorrow. Something isn't right and I hope it isn't internal bleeding. Bleeding isn't uncommon when you are taking blood thinners. It could be something else though. There are dozens of reasons that dogs could have occult blood in their stool. I wish there was a simple explanation for the dark stools. I'd much rather learn that we were feeding Dash the wrong food than learn that he has a tumor.

I didn't get a lot accomplished today because I spent most of the day waiting for the shippers to arrive. The whole process took longer than I thought because the two guys that came to the house had to create a special package for each picture. I was impressed. The guys definitely knew what they were doing. I looked up the shipping company on the Internet and these are the same guys that move presidents out of the White House on inauguration day. A little different than sending something by UPS. When the truck left, the guys said they were headed to Fort Worth to pick up another shipment. "Lots of luck," I said. I don't think they realized how bad Dallas traffic gets during rush hour.

The security light in the back yard is working again. I didn't even have to call the electrician. After about 48 hours, the light seemed to fix itself. I'm not sure what happened, but I suspect that a rat or a squirrel fell asleep on top of the photocell. It could have been a giant spider too. We've got some pretty big spiders. Since the light and the sensor are on top of a tall pole, I never really know what is going on at the top. Hopefully, this thing will keep working for the rest of the Summer. Electricians are expensive.

I'm going to have to go to the storage warehouse and look for something to hang on the bare walls. There's plenty to choose from. I still have quite a few of my own photos that never sold at my last gallery show. I think that show was twelve years ago.

Shiner is today's Dalmatian of the Day
Watch of the Day

1 comment:

  1. I'm way behind on blog reading again, due to the computer issues. But, life in your lane is about the same :)

    ReplyDelete