Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 227

I'm really pretty easy to please. It doesn't take much for me to change a bad day into a good day. I took the large Dalmatian Rescue banner over to FastSigns to be printed this morning and the technician told me that I had prepared the files for printing better than 95% of his customers. Yeah! Admittedly, this is not a big deal, but it made me feel good. Did I wonder what the other 5% of the people had done to make their files even better than mine? Nope. It is probably this kind of "good enough" attitude that has kept me at the helm of an obscure little company that nobody knows about instead of becoming the next Donald Trump.

With the Dalmatian banner crossed off my "to do" list, I drove over and showed Kevin my three logo concepts for his watch repair business. He liked them all and picked one to develop further. I was pleased, because with a little finesse, the idea he picked could make a very nice looking logo. I left Kevin with the logo comps and went home with two watches he'd finished repairing.

I stopped and got gas on the way back and noticed that the price had come down a bit this week. I overheard someone at the next pump talking on his cell phone and asking how large the tank on the car was so he'd know how much gas to put in. This confirmed my opinion that people can't do anything without their cell phones anymore. Jeez, is it that hard to fill up your tank? I've also heard long cell phone discussions in the grocery store about whether to get medium eggs or large eggs. I just pick up some eggs and put them in my buggy. It's easy.

I guess I just don't understand the need for constantly staying in touch. I will admit that telephones still have their uses though. After I returned from all my errands, I got a phone call myself. It was from the National Geographic people. They want to give me the job to complete the story about the dog and goat. I probably won't make any money doing this, because they still want me to rent HD equipment for the segment. It will be fun though. I'll finally be able to tell people that I've shot something for National Geographic. Hey, maybe someone will think I've been to the South Pole or something. I don't need to tell them I just took pictures of a goat.

Dalmatian of the Day

    Watch of the Day

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the NG story. It will look great on a resume!