Friday, March 29, 2019

Day 3382

A year ago today I was wondering whether the pizza I ate for dinner would give me heartburn and worrying about Dash's poor appetite and tendency to fall. The only difference seemed to be that Easter was earlier last year. I was also thinking about an Easter ham. It's remarkable how little actually changes. Day after day I repeat the same routines and deal with the same problems. Some days are identical, year after year.

Maybe this isn't so bad. I feel like I'm treading water, but I'm definitely not sinking. Life is not getting worse. In many ways Dash is a huge success story. His heart condition has actually improved. Few people thought Dash would still be with us this year. He's still got huge problems, but he's really not a whole lot worse than he was last year. I think we've done a good job. One thing I've learned about aging is that you can't turn back time. Maybe the best you can do is just slow it down a little.

Sometimes I'm surprised when people find my posts sad on Facebook. This is really a happy story. We're all still here. There will be a day when it's me that's pooping in bed. It happened with Dot and Spot. It even happened with my Dad. Until then, you just keep moving. Dash fell down on his evening walk and appeared confused for a while this morning. Despite these problems, he still loves getting outside. This is his link to better times. It's my job to keep this link active as long as possible.

We got off to a late start this morning, so I had to go back to the trendy restaurant. It's the only place that still serves a good breakfast at 10:30 AM. The food is delicious at this place, but it still makes me uneasy. Call me old fashioned, but there shouldn't be so many adults eating breakfast at 10:30 AM. Why aren't these people at work? I have a feeling that my 9 to 5 idea of work is outdated. It probably doesn't even exist anymore.

The breakfast Reuben sandwich I ordered this morning was excellent, but it looked pretty nasty, so I'll show you some flowers from my accountant's office instead. I had a few questions and needed to go back there this afternoon. Other than that, it was an uneventful day. Janet and I felt like pizza for dinner, but I discovered that my favorite pizza place had moved. When did this happen? Their rent probably went up when the strip mall where they used to be located remodeled. I found the new location, but it isn't as convenient. We'll see if this place remains a favorite.

It was supposed to rain tomorrow, but now the forecast appears to have changed. We'll see. Every time I look at a weather report I'm worried that the roof leak will reappear. So far, so good, but I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Elliott is today's Dalmatian of the Day
Watch of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment