Monday, April 8, 2019

Day 3392

I had my semi-annual physical today. The doctor ran all the usual tests and seemed pleased with the results. A nurse got a blood sample so they could compare it with my previous blood work. I got my prescriptions renewed and my parking validated. In less than an hour I was ready to go home again. There is no waiting with this new doctor. I get seen almost immediately.

Since my appointment was early, I didn't have time to walk Dash. This morning, I led the way to the park and Janet walked Dash. It all worked out pretty well. It was good to know that either of us can do these walks when necessary. Dash can be quite a handful. Janet said that Dash still got very tired and stumbled occasionally, but they had a good walk.

Meals have been more of a problem than walks this week. Dash has become a very picky eater again and it's getting harder and harder to find anything that he'll touch. It was very difficult to give him his pills this morning. Nothing seemed to work as a pill pocket. Eventually, he took the pills and ate about half of his breakfast, but he definitely needs to eat more. Dash was trying to eat grass and leaves in the back yard today, so part of the problem seems to be an upset stomach. I'm hoping that he'll feel better tomorrow.

I didn't feel like making my smoothie after I returned from the doctor's office, so I ate cold cereal. I haven't done that for a while. It was surprising that we even had any cereal, but there was still a box of granola in the back of one of the cabinets. I wonder how old it was? Having cereal for breakfast is quick. I was done in no time. I've been making the smoothie for so long now that I've almost forgotten what a long and complicated ritual it is.

It must have rained a lot last night, because there was a ton of water on the roof. I removed as much as I could using the pumps and then swept the rest away with the big push broom that resides permanently on the roof. If I go to hell, I think my punishment will be pushing water off a flat roof for eternity. It's really a terrible job. Massive amounts of catkins falling from the Oak trees in the back yard make the job even slower and messier than usual. At least the forecast looks good. Hopefully, I won't have to go back up on the roof for a while.

The touring company of Hamilton is in town this month. I was amazed at how much tickets are. I remember seeing Phantom of the Opera on Broadway at the height of its popularity for far less. Ditto for Jersey Boys. What has happened with prices lately. I don't go to concerts anymore, but from what I've heard, top acts are outrageously expensive too. Maybe I'm just getting old. I just can't relate to today's prices. I read recently that the median home price in the United States is $300,000 now. Jeez. I bought my first house for $45,000. It was a nice house too. When I started working you could buy a new Porsche 911 for under $9,000. A Jaguar XKE was even less. No wonder I wish I had a time machine.

There's not much on the agenda for tomorrow. I'll probably spend most of the day trying to get Dash to eat.

Cooper is today's Dalmatian of the Day
Watch of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment