Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Day 4913

I changed my phone plan today. I thought this would be easy, but nothing is easy these days. When I got home from the phone store my e-mailed receipt showed that my new rate was almost double my old rate. The whole point of the change of service was to save money, not to pay more. I called the store but they said I needed to call someone else. It turned out that a bunch of small mistakes were made and services I didn't want or need had been added. Everything is fixed now, or at least I think it is. We'll see when I get my new bill.

It was a slow day. I took the letter I wrote yesterday to the post office and called in a prescription renewal. That was about it. The rest of the day was just walking and eating. I did end up watching a live stream of the first static fire of the new Vulcan Centaur rocket. The excitement lasted about two seconds. I'd like to see this launch when it is scheduled later this year. I'm not sure how often I can afford to return to Kennedy Space Center though. 

Dawn's early morning walks are always enjoyable, but the temperature rises quickly. By the time I took my long walk later in the morning, it was already too hot. I keep saying that I'm going to start going back to the gym, but when the time comes it's always easier to just walk out the back door and go to the park. Sometimes I wonder why I keep doing this. The walks are boring and not really that strenuous. If I really wanted some serious exercise, I could do a lot more at the gym. I guess the walks are just an ideal way to kill time. I write articles for SpaceFlight from time to time and still update animal rescue websites, but I'm not that busy. I kind of miss the days when there was a deadline to meet every morning.

I've been hearing thunder all evening, but so far no rain. It's a big relief not to have to worry about roof leaks every time there is thunder and lightning. Now that the roof is no longer a problem, it has become even more evident that there are still many other problems with the house. Hopefully, it won't take me as long to fix the other things as it took to replace the roof. Problems are no longer a challenge. They are just a nuisance. I long for a world where nothing breaks or needs to be replaced.

When I went to the phone store today they tried to sell me on the idea of getting rid of U-Verse and getting a streaming service instead. They said they don't even sell U-Verse anymore. Streaming might be a good idea. I looked at the channel guide for U-Verse recently and half the channels are just ads or informercials now. Too bad I hate dealing with change. U-Verse is being discontinued. My computers are obsolete. My car is getting old. It's frustrating. I'd be happier if everything was just like it was in the 1980's. The 70's weren't so bad either. 

Janet said that Dawn did well at training class tonight. She doesn't listen to me, but she's a very smart dog. We'll see if anything interesting happens tomorrow. I still need to fix that screen door.

Domino is today's Dalmatian of the Day


Watch of the Day


No comments:

Post a Comment