Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 188 - Summer Solstice

Sometimes it's embarrassing how little actually happens during a typical day. Today was the longest day of the year. It could just as easily have been the shortest day of the year. It was hard for me to tell the difference. I paid a few bills. I answered a few e-mails. The entire day was a non-event.

I should use my time wisely and plan ahead on days like this, but usually I don't. Maybe I should be more like the client who asked me to add a new employee to their website today. This particular employee doesn't actually begin work until August. I've never been this organized and tend to wait till the last possible minute to get things done. Most of my other customers aren't all that organized either. Many of them don't even think about adding new employees to their websites until they've been around for at least six months.

I'd be the first to admit that there's usually a ton of stuff I could do on slow, uneventful days. I could send some new photos to the stock photo agency. I could wash the car or mow the grass. I could finally get around to painting the atrium. Somehow, it's always easier to do these things on busy days though. Once I get myself in high gear, it's pretty easy to add something else to my "to do" list. It's getting started in the first place that's always the hard part.

I did manage to get a few things done however. I went over to Second Chance Treasures and took some pictures of their new building for the website. This was definitely a last minute endeavor. I think the grand opening is tomorrow. On the way home I stopped by the watch repair store to get a crystal replaced that I had scratched last week. While I was there, I asked about an Omega that I had brought in for service quite a while ago. They still weren't finished with it. I think they've been working on this watch for over a year now. This slow pace is lightning fast compared to the mechanic who is currently working on my Citroën SM. He's had the car for over five years. I never ask these people to hurry up and finish what they're doing. They do good work. More importantly, they make me look fast by comparison.

Dalmatian of the Day

    Watch of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment