Thursday, September 8, 2016

Day 2460

I finished one of my articles today and when I started on the second, something seemed very familiar. I looked through my files and discovered that I'd already written this article last November. How quickly they forget. As much as I hate to turn down work, I told my client that this ship had already sailed. I wonder whether they completely forgot about the first article I wrote, or if something minor had changed about the product. I compared the pictures and the product looked identical. I'm an honest guy, but I wonder whether I could have just copied the original article and turned it in again.

I called the roofer and he wants me to draw a circle around all the bad spots on the roof, so his crew won't miss them when they return to patch the areas they forgot. Sounds fine by me. I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of little circles up on the roof. I'd better use a laundry marker, so my identifying marks won't just wash away the next time it rains. So many areas have been patched by now that I keep thinking that it would have been easier to just re-coat my entire roof. It's pretty obvious by now that the first material they applied was defective.

We've had to change the route of our short morning walk because we've noticed that one of the more aggressive dogs in the neighborhood has almost learned how to jump over it's fence. Yesterday, I saw the dog leap at the ten foot wooden fence and manage to get his paws over the top. The dog fell back to the ground, but it's only a matter of time before he learns to pull the rest of his body over the fence. There would be no way to protect Dot from this dog. Actually, there would be no way to protect Dash either. Why can't people spent more time training and socializing their dogs? There is no good reason why anyone should have an aggressive dog. They're everywhere though. I'm always on the lookout for loose, aggressive dogs. I've been bitten before and I hope I'm never bitten again.

I ordered some more expensive ink for the large production printer. I just can't bring myself to abandon this thing. I doubt highly that I'll ever be making beautiful, oversize Giclée prints again, but the printer still seems cool to me. It's too bad it's such a pain in the ass to keep it running. I guess I could say the same for the two multi-track tape recorders I recently restored. They're still sitting on the floor in a corner of the office. I haven't even bothered to hook them up again. It goes without saying that downsizing doesn't come easy to me.

Maybe nothing comes easy anymore. I can't even decide where to have breakfast tomorrow. Do I feel like pancakes, eggs benedict, biscuits and gravy, or breakfast tacos? I don't have a clue. Hopefully, my trash can will be emptied properly tomorrow morning. At least that will get the day off to a good start.

Camp is today's Dalmatian of the Day
Watch of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment