Sunday, July 25, 2021

Day 4231

Another Sunday in the books. It was pretty much the same as last Sunday, but there's nothing wrong with that. We have definitely entered the hottest part of the summer. I try to walk earlier and drink lots of water. I wish we'd get a cool day so I could mow the grass. It's just too hot to mow the grass or go up on the roof right now. I do water the grass though. So far, the new grass hasn't died.

We still enjoy our sunrise walks. It's amazing how quickly the temperature rises as soon as the sun comes up. Dawn walked a lot today. She went a mile and a half on our early walk and then walked another mile when we took her on her Sunday outing. I took my own long walk in between these two dog walks. Now my routine includes standing under the spray fountain I discovered recently. An early start and a cooling mist of water along the way really helps.

When we got ice cream after Dawn's outing today, I noticed that the cones have gotten smaller. The price is the same, but there is definitely less ice cream in each cone. This is happening everywhere. I can't think of a single instance where portion sizes have increased recently. I've already mentioned dog food cans and paper towel rolls, but I'm sure there are other things as well. When you buy the same things over and over again, you notice small changes.

We've got to come up with a better solution for protecting Dawn's feet. All the socks we've tried don't tend to stay on very long. I don't know how she gets them off, but whenever I look she's always missing a sock. So far we've been using things that were left over from Dot and Dash. We probably need to measure her feet and find something that is specifically designed for her feet. Lots of luck with that though. Dog socks just tend to come in small, medium, and large. Hopefully, when we eventually discover why she is licking her paws, we can deal with the root cause and the licking will stop.

I ordered a new pair of Hoka One One running shoes today. My old shoes haven' worn out yet, but since I will probably be wearing these things forever, it makes sense to buy a pair whenever I see a good sale. It's a shame that running shoes wear out so quickly. I have hiking boots that will last for generations, but they hurt my feet now so I can't wear them anymore. All my old shoes still fit fine. When your cartilage starts to degenerate and wear out, your feet just aren't very forgiving.

Sometimes I wonder what I'd like to do in the years ahead. If I had a car that was absolutely guaranteed not to break down in the middle of nowhere, I'd wander aimlessly along the back roads of America, stopping whenever I found a place that seemed lost in time. I would avoid cities like the plague. The future looks bleak, but the past still exists, tucked away in little pockets here and there. It might be fun looking for them.

Puppies are today's Dalmatians of the Day


Watch of the Day


No comments:

Post a Comment