Friday, August 5, 2022

Day 4607

Another slow day. Every day seems like a duplicate of the day before. I get up when I hear Dawn eating her breakfast. We all take a sunrise walk and wonder if it is ever going to rain. The days are noticeably shorter now and often we have returned home before the sun crosses the horizon. 

Janet watches out for bicycles as we walk and I keep a wary eye out for the neighbor's dog. They are on vacation now and we see a dog walker with the dogs almost every morning. She probably doesn't know that the dog has bitten me before and probably thinks we are being antisocial when I move well out of the way when we cross paths on the trail. I'll be glad when the temperature gets cooler. There is way too much activity in the park on these early walks now. There is a little window of time where it is still enjoyable to be outside and a lot of people try to take advantage of it. Later in the day the park is empty.

Not surprisingly, I didn't go out for breakfast this morning. I'm content to just stay home and have my bowl of shredded wheat and berries. I keep hoping for further news from NASA when I turn on my computer in the morning, but so far I have received nothing. Before leaving for the gym this morning I watered the front lawn and attached the inspection sticker I got yesterday to my windshield. It doesn't seem like it's been a year since I last did this, but time seems to be moving faster now. I lot of things I did a year ago seem like they happened yesterday.

I still can't figure out why the parking garage at the gym is so full when there are so few people on the gym floor. I see the same people everyday. There are probably less than a dozen people working out at any one time. They all have their routines and so do I. It's amazing how predictable everything is. On our sunrise walks we pass the same people on the trail every day. At the gym I see the same people working out on the same machines. There is nothing wrong with this. I guess I'm not the only person who leads a very predictable life.

I think Friday is Dawn's favorite day. Janet does her grocery shopping on Friday morning and Dawn gets really excited when she returns with the groceries. All I have to do is tell her it's "grocery day" and she starts barking. Dawn, like most Dalmatians, is very food motivated. She knows exactly when she is supposed to be fed and if I am even five minutes late in fixing her meals, she lets me know. 

It's time to write my sister again. I have very little to say these days, but that doesn't stop me. After all these years of writing the blog, I've gotten good at saying nothing. I guess it's time to make a grocery list as well. I need to remember to go shopping early tomorrow. There is a much better selection if you arrive before the crowds. I'll go to the gym later in the day but the same people will probably still be there. I'm beginning to think that some of these folks live at the gym.

Morgan is today's Dalmatian of the Day


Watch of the Day


No comments:

Post a Comment