Sunday, September 18, 2022

Day 4651

Another nice Fall day. The mornings are cool but it warms up quickly. We had a pleasant sunrise walk with Dawn and didn't encounter many other dogs or bicycles. Dawn has lots of energy for an older dog. She enjoys her walks and I'm glad she still seems very healthy.

After breakfast I checked my messages while I waited for the mall to open. Mall walking on Sunday has become a regular part of my weekly routine. I usually walk from 10 AM until noon. The stores aren't open, but this is perfect for me. Finding a parking place is easy when the stores are closed. The temperature inside is perfect and I never have problems with my seasonal allergies. I don't need to wear a hat or worry about getting sunburned. The window displays are interesting too. Oddly it seems just as natural to walk indoors as outside. There are no snakes either. I guess I'm not much of an outdoorsman.

Styles haven't really changed that much over the years. I think they just get recycled. I see things in window displays that are very similar to things I saw thirty years ago. Kitchen and jewelry stores haven't changed at all. The main difference in stores today are the prices. Retro looks cost a lot more than the originals they are emulating. 

A few things still confuse me. Who takes care of the ducks and turtles that swim around in the mall's reflecting pools? Why are there so many little stores that sell cookies? I don't understand several current style trends either. When did asymmetrical looks become popular? I still prefer symmetrical clothing where the left side of the garment looks the same as the right. A lot of modern shoes look really clunky as well. All these windows give me a lot to look at. For the most part, it's more interesting than watching squirrels chasing each other in the park.

When I returned home, Janet and I took Dawn on her Sunday outing. It was too hot for a longer walk, but Dawn got a chance to get out of the car and smell things for a while. It's never too hot for ice cream. For some reason we got larger cones today for the small cone price. I think it was just a mistake. We checked on the neighborhood Chinese restaurant on our way home and it was still closed. Such a shame. I really liked this place. I don't know how anyone has the nerve to open a new restaurant. It's a hard business.

I keep waiting for news about the next Artemis launch attempt. Nothing yet. At least the weather is improving in Titusville. Space X was finally able to launch its next batch of Starlink satellites after being rained out for an entire week. I kind of hope that the launch does get postponed again. I'll go down for the next attempt, but I'd rather wait another month or two until the weather starts to improve. This is still hurricane season. The chances for weather related delays are high.

I miss visiting the rescue Dalmatians on Mondays. Things change though and you've got to stay flexible. I could always mow the grass instead, but that doesn't sound nearly as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment