Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Day 4752

It was a quiet day. Dawn and I have our routines down now. She still seems depressed with Janet gone, but she isn't acting fearful anymore. I was able to take a nap with her on the bed today and she didn't even try to leave. We're not doing anything exciting, but we are consistent. I think Dawn knows she's going to be OK.

My cold is just about gone. There is no sore throat anymore and my cough has subsided. Hopefully, this was my Winter cold for the year. There are things I'd like to do this Spring and I'd like to feel well. I'm glad I didn't get too worried about Covid. This didn't feel like Covid at all. Of course I've never had the virus, so how would I know?

Typically I buy something for the business at the end of the year, but I have no desire to buy anything this year. There's nothing I really need. Who am I kidding. I don't have any clients anyway. Maybe I could convince myself that I've transitioned into an aerospace writer if I made any money. I do get published, but it still seems like more of a hobby. I'm just glad there is still something that interests me. So many of my old interests have vanished.

I wish Dawn was interested in taking a walk. She could use the exercise. I'm not going to push things though. Dawn is finally starting to calm down and act normal. That's all we need right now. We can start walking again as soon as Janet gets home. I'm certainly continuing to walk. There isn't much else to do. It was much warmer today and I only needed a light jacket. I was slower today although I didn't feel particularly tired. I talked to a neighbor who said a stray dog had wandered into his yard and decided to stay. He asked if I wanted another dog and then said he was taking the dog to a vet to see if it was chipped. If he can't find the owner, he'll try to get the dog in a rescue program.  I wish him luck. All the rescues in town all full. It's sad how often dogs get dumped in the park. This isn't the first time something like this had happened in the neighborhood.

I haven't seen the two eagles in several weeks. All the pelicans have returned though. I see lots of people with binoculars looking for the eagles now. If they're in the area they are easy to spot. They are very large birds. I keep thinking I ought to take a camera with me in case the eagles return, but I'm not really that interested. I already got some good pictures last year. I don't think I'd make a good birder. Birds are mildly interesting, but I'd still rather take pictures of rockets.

The Waterpik I fixed yesterday doesn't work as well as I'd hoped. It doesn't seem to have as much water pressure as it used to. This seems weird because the pump was never broken. Oh, well. I tried. I may need to buy a new Waterpik anyway. My dentist convinced me that I need to use this contraption every day and I guess I've become a believer.

I thought our Christmas leftovers would last for the rest of the week, but I may need to go to the grocery store tomorrow. I'm really glad that Janet likes to cook. If I had to fend for myself, my diet wouldn't be nearly as healthy. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle of champagne if I'm out tomorrow. New Year's Eve is just around the corner.

Dot & Petey are the Dalmatians of the Day


Watch of the Day


No comments:

Post a Comment